Why You Do Not Need New Year’s Resolutions
Here’s how you can make 2019 an extraordinary year without the anxiety of the New Year resolutions
I am not a big fan of New Year’s resolutions however I do believe that the new year is a great time to reflect on the previous year, your life and the goals you want to set for your future. The last several years I’ve broken up my life into twelve (12) areas and I’ve written up a minimum of three (3) new year goals for each of those areas.
As we are entering 2019, if you have not worked on your goals yet I invite you to give this exercise a try. Following are some tips on how to get started and then I breakdown the twelve (12) areas so that you can look at each of the areas and write down a minimum of three (3) goals. If you feel there is an area that I left out then go ahead and insert that area into the “GENERAL/OTHER” section.
First Take Time to Reflect and Visualize:
* Get Clear: Do a self-assessment of where you are in every area of your life.
* Create a Vision: Who do you want to be? What kind of person do you want to become? On Dec 31, 2019, what do you want to look back to and be proud of?
* Set Goals: Set Goals that support the person you want to be in the next 12 months so that you can have an extraordinary 2019. Be ambitious about your goals and take command of your life by making them happen.
New Year Goal Setting:
If you would like a free New Year Goal Setting worksheet you can request it by sending me an email me at email@example.com
Before you get started putting pen to paper, here are some helpful tips on how to get into the mindset:
- Get yourself into a relaxed state of mind (meditate or pray and take 10 deep breaths inhaling for 5 seconds, holding for 5 seconds and exhaling for 5 seconds)
- Sage, light up a candle or incent (this is a good way to cleanse the room that you are in)
- Tools: Grab your favorite pen or pencil, a piece of paper or journal.
- Dream: Be open and do not limit yourself.
Write the following statement at the top of the page:
“I accept these things into my life now or something better for my highest good and for the highest good of all concerned.”
- ATTITUDE: MENTAL/EMOTIONAL -(How do you want to feel in 2019. Examples: Joy, Hope, Love, Faith)
- RELATIONSHIPS: SIGNIFICANT OTHER/FAMILY/FRIENDS.
After you write down your goals:
- Put them away in a safe place where you can access them monthly and take a look to see how they are coming along.
- Choose one day out of the next 12 months that you will view your goals and evaluate your progress.
You can also:
- Create a vision board that supports these goals. I teach a format that goes along with this New Year’s Goal setting and you can learn more by setting up a complimentary consultation: https://calendly.com/vimariroman
- If you are an overachiever then you can write our your goals using the Rapid Planning Method (RPM). I go deep into this method during my one-on-one coaching with clients. Learn more by setting up a complimentary consultation: https://calendly.com/vimariroman
Share this if you know someone who needs to make 2019 extraordinary.
January New Year – New Client Special 50% off – One on One Coaching Three Month Package – Twelve (12) 30 min sessions for only $480
Call or Email to reserve the discount: 786-340-3174 firstname.lastname@example.org
About the author: Vimari Roman is a Career & Leadership Coach who helps individuals achieve their peak potential and live a fulfilled life by utilizing their natural gifts and talents (also known as strengths).